Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Bell Bracha Goes To A Wedding

I've heard it so many times. "Uncle Moishy is drilling a hole in my head, but my kids love him." At some point we all relinquish the remote and allow whatever video keeps our kids happy to play on auto-repeat for days on end. And though I hate to admit it, some of the videos have seriously grown on me. Malkali's Hebrew songs now evoke in me a feeling of nostalgia for the 'good ol' days' when my now lanky first grader was still a sweet smelling, smushy round cheeked baby. These playbacks have become the soundtrack of our small family's memories just like Tzlil V'zemer and Country Yossi were the singers that we danced and sang to when we were kids in the 80s.

Young women tell me all the time that I was the first singer they had on their ipods and that when they hear my music it brings them back to elementary and high school. They always laugh sheepishly and admit their 'obsession' to Chanale Fellig but I totally get it. I had some serious music crushes throughout my teen years and to say the first tapes/cds I bought (in the music store in Eton Centre Montreal) affected me to the core is an understatement. Music reaches us like nothing else does and it's all coming full circle today as I finish working on my first children's musical.

With an original script and 5 new songs, the video is fresh and fun. It features my daughter Hadassa as the main character (and yes, she sings!!) and my daughter Yaffa, niece Layla and a some of our friends as the rest of the cast. I am the gorgeous mother :-).  

The amazing Chaim Hershkowitz (http://www.torahtreasure.com/) directed and produced the animation.

I am so excited to share with you a preview of the project we have been working on for a while now....

Bella Bracha Goes To A Wedding.

This one's for the women and girls and it is SUPER CUTE and ORIGINAL, and FUNNY, and DELIGHTFUL!

I can't wait until it comes out.

Here's a teeny preview....

1 comment:

  1. Sooo exited to buy the video for my kids. We are just a wee bit obsessed... Went to a wedding ourselves two weeks ago, so the "going to a wedding song" was a real hit around here. We even wrote our own little gig to the chassan and kallah using your tune.

    ReplyDelete